Join the COMPAR-EU Advocacy Event in Brussels, Belgium!
The COMPAR-EU consortium invites you to the final project conference part II, taking place in November 2022.
When and where?
15/11/22 & 16/11/22
Onsite and Online
During the last 5 years, COMPAR-EU has identified, compared, and ranked the most effective and cost-effective self-management interventions (SMIs) for adults in Europe living with one of the four high-priority chronic conditions: type 2 diabetes, obesity, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and heart failure.
It is a multi-method, multi-component, interdisciplinary project that will contribute to bridging the gap between current knowledge and practice on self-management interventions for the period of 2018 to 2022. More information on the project, including all the Consortium partners, is available here.
Objectives of the Advocacy Event
- To gather views and information from relevant stakeholders on self-management, including, but not limited to: 1) personal experiences; 2) best practices; 3) lessons learnt from implementation of (a) concrete programme(s) and/or policy(ies);, and 4) views on how to best implement the project’s deliverables
- To promote the importance of self-management and self-management support towards relevant stakeholders, including policymakers and healthcare professionals
- To raise awareness about Self-Management Europe Initiative
- To present and disseminate the six lay summaries on self-management and other relevant lay language materials emerged from the COMPAR-EU project
- To initiate a dialogue on implementing self-management policies and practices in different healthcare settings, including how to co-produce these with patients
Who can participate?
Up to 70 participants face-to-face & hundreds online (due to potential covid-19 restrictions places are limited!)
- Patient representatives from across Europe – including the project’s Patient Panel members
- EU policy makers, e.g. European Commission, European Parliament, EU Presidency representative, MEPs & Health Attaches
- EU health stakeholder organisations representing healthcare professionals, healthcare managers, researchers and analysts, public health, citizens/consumers, and relevant industry
- COMPAR-EU Project partners from all project countries
- National representatives, e.g., quality bodies or ministries of health, or academic organisations if relevant
What to expect?
Two exciting days dedicated to self-management policies and practices across Europe.
Interesting and engaging speakers from diverse backgrounds. Extensive Follow-up materials!
Please note that the capacity is limited. We look forward to seeing you!
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 754936.
Bookings are closed for this event.