Call for Hackers: Join the COMPAR-EU Hackathon in Hamburg!
Start: 16/09/22, 4:00 PM
End: 17/09/22, 4:00 PM
We want to ensure that our platform remains attractive, so the challenge of the COMPAR-EU Hackathon is: How can the sustainability of the www.self-management.eu decision-making tool platform be ensured?
What is the award?
The 1st price is 1000 € for the team
What about costs?
We will reimburse travel costs up to 150€. We will book an accommodation for your overnight stay on Friday, September 16, in a hotel close to the event. For more information, please e-mail us at email@example.com
What is the COMPAR-EU project about?
COMPAR-EU project aims to identify and compare the most effective and cost-effective self-management interventions (SMIs) for adults in Europe living with one of the four high-priority chronic conditions: type 2 diabetes, obesity, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and heart failure. The SMIs help patients to increase their skills and confidence in managing their chronic condition with the intention to promote and maintain, their health. Our main product is an innovative information technology platform featuring self-management tools to support decision-making on self-management interventions for different end users such as healthcare professionals, policymakers, guideline developers, as well as patients.
What is the aim of the hackathon?
We are looking for young researchers and professionals who will be working together in interdisciplinary teams to maintain the sustainability of the COMPAR-EU platform from the different perspectives, for instance:
- how to use artificial intelligence (AI) for automatic updates of evidence into decision-tools
- how to use application programming interface (API) to transfer the data to other applications
The most important thing is to have fun and share new knowledge with other hackers!
Why should you participate?
Attending the hackathon, you will get an opportunity to:
- be part of maintaining the sustainability of an online innovative platform for self-management tools
- learn about new innovations, self-management tools, and state-of-the-art research developed by the COMPAR-EU consortium
- network and exchange knowledge with other young researchers and professionals
- network with committee members who are professionals at the top of their fields
- show your talents and improve your CV
- enjoy good food and visit Hamburg
Who can apply?
Master’s, PhD students, young researchers and young professionals from the following fields:
- Information technology /Business information technology
- Healthcare management
- other related courses of study
Registration is open until 02/09/22. Please note that the capacity is limited. COMPAR-EU only reimburses economy or second class travel costs. First and business class tickets are not eligible for reimbursement. We look forward to seeing you!
For the night 16-17 September we will book you an accommodation in a hotel in Hamburg. In addition, we will reimburse your travel costs up to a maximum of 150€.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 754936.
Bookings are closed for this event.